September 21, 2022
Pre-Welcome Week & Things To Bring
A Pre-Welcome Week post and a list of things to remind you what you need to bring when you're preparing to arrive at the University of Leicester Global Study Centre
A big virtual hello as we count down the days until we welcome you to the University of Leicester Global Study Centre. There’s less than a week to go until Monday 26th September, when we expect to be welcoming our September students on campus. We’re looking forward to it, and we hope you are too!
Although moving is exciting, it can also be terrifying. We’ve tried to make the whole process a little easier by making a list of all the things you need to to bring with you. Things will change, and things at the centre have changed to give you an even better experience. But some things stay the same, like the support from your family but also the support we offer here, and the systems we have in place. Student Support Officer and Social Media, Shannon Dean; and the man who does a bit of everything – from bike fixing, to teaching , Mike Gibson.
Senior Academic Manager – Mike Gibson.
Often found in his office, sometimes found teaching in a classroom, normally found cycling to and from work.
Student Support Officer – Shannon Dean.
Knows why having a favourite book can’t be done, knows when you are (and aren’t) attending, also knows that you haven’t voted in our latest Instagram poll.
But, what exactly do you have to look forward to when you arrive on the 26th September?
The short answer – a lot. The long answer – a week full of activities to help you get the best out of your time here at the Leicester Global Study Centre. It begins with registering with a staff member to begin an official LGSC student. You’ll be able to meet other students on your course and familiar yourself with your new surroundings. We are keeping the fun stuff hush hush for now!
But what do I need to bring with me?!
You Will Need:
- Your Passport (hopefully you would remember this one!)
- Academic Qualifications
- English Qualifications
- BRP Card
- ECV Card
- If you’re unsure whether something applies to you, send us an email or get in touch with us on our social media. We’ll be able to let you know!
- Sent us your ECV and decision letter?
- Provided us with your flight information?
- Told us when you’ll be arriving in the UK?
- Provided us with need to know information? – This includes things like physical disabilities, mental health issues and everything in-between. If you think it’s something we need to know, don’t hesitate to tell us. If we know, we can help support you.
- Sent us your UK address and phone number?
- Provided us with emergency contact details?
- Gave us information for a UK guardian? – This is only relevant if you’re under 18.
- Booked travel from the airport to Leicester?
Some Things To Remember:
- We are here to help you.
- If you’re unsure whether we need to know something, tell us.
- If you’re unsure what you need, ask us.
- If you’re just unsure in general, let us know.
- Don’t panic.
- Don’t worry.