September 13, 2023
Pre-Welcome Week + What to Bring
Welcome week is around the corner. Here's an updated reminder of things you need to bring, and things to be aware of, as you prepare to join LGSC in September.
A big hello as we begin to count down the days until we welcome you to the Leicester Global Study Centre! There’s a week and a half to go until Monday 25th September, when we expect to be welcoming you to campus. We’re looking forward to it, and we hope you are too.
If you have done some digging around on the blog, you may have come across this pre-welcome week post from last year: Welcome Week September 2022. And whilst not a long of things have changed, we definitely need to address and speak about some new things.
Moving can be exciting and an adventure, but it also can be nerve-wracking – especially if this is your first time away from home. Things will change through the year, and things have changed, but this is all to ensure you have the best experience you possibly can at LGSC. But, not everything changes. Like the support from your family and the support from us.
But, what exactly do you have to look forward to when you arrive on the 25th September?
A lot of welcome week is top secret. We can’t be letting you in on all of our plans! But just know, we’ve planned a week full of things to prepare you for your year with us. We’ll be keeping a lot of it under wraps for now – especially the parts we think you’ll enjoy more.
What do I need to bring to my registration appointment?
You Will Need:
- ECV card
- UKVI letter
- Under 18 guardianship
- Tenancy agreement or proof of address
If you’re unsure whether anything applies to you, send us an email or get in touch with us on our social media. We’ll be able to let you know! (A coat would also be a good idea! The temperature is beginning to drop and the rain is on the way)
There’s a few things we need from you. Have you:
- sent us your flight details?
- told us when you’ll be arriving in the UK?
- provided us with need to know info? This can be anything from a physical disability to mental health issues, and everything in between! If you think it’s something we should know, let us know.
- sent us your UK address and phone number?
- Gave us UK guardian information? This is for under 18s only.
- Booked travel from the airport to Leicester?
One of the things that will never change, is that we’re here to support you. We understand it can be a terrifying transition and a huge step.
So just remember:
- We are here to help you
- If you’re unsure if we should know something, let us know
- If you unsure if you need something, just ask
- If you’re unsure in general, send us an email
- Don’t panic
- Don’t worry